Register for the conference - Registration closes 5pm Monday 15 May 2023.
ANMF (Vic Branch) invites all Job Representatives and Health & Safety Representatives to the 2023 Annual Delegates Conference to be held on Thursday 22 and Friday 23 June 2023 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
This two day conference provides an inspiring and informative program exploring nurses', midwives' and carers' industrial, professional, workplace safety and social justice issues, as well as giving delegates the opportunity to vote on resolutions and help shape the direction of their union.
The conference is a fantastic opportunity for delegates to meet their peers, find out more about how our union works and the issues that are common to members, feel confident about approaching our union for assistance with workplace, OHS and professional issues.
Registration is open to all current ANMF Job Representatives and Health and Safety Representatives. Please read the following information prior to registering for this event. You will be required to confirm you have read all relevant information to complete your conference registration.
Please note you will be required to sign in with your member number to register for this conference. Registration options will only appear after:
- a successful login; and
- if you are a current delegate.
Workplace Reimbursement Entitlements for this conference
The complete ANMF (Vic Branch) Workplace Representative Expenses Policy – Annual Delegates Conference can be found here and must be read prior to registering to attend the conference.
Policies have been previously updated to allow for quicker claims for all delegates through your tax returns, following the conclusion of this financial year after the end of the conference. Please consult your financial advisor.
Policies apply to the following areas:
- If your workplace is 50km or more from the conference venue you are eligible for two nights of accommodation for Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 June 2023. All accommodation is twin-share. Please specify who you would like to share with on your registration form. Please only nominate the colleague you would like to share a room with. Requests for room or hotel arrangements beyond twin-share preference will not be accommodated.
- If you are eligible for accommodation, and would like a single room, a supplement fee of $250 will be payable at time of registration.
- If you are not eligible under ANMF (Vic Branch) policy, you will need to organise your own accommodation. ANMF (Vic Branch) will not, in any circumstances, book accommodation for you.
The ANMF (Vic Branch) will no longer directly reimburse travel expenses to attend the Annual Delegates Conference, however please note all travel expenses to attend this event are tax deductible and should be claimed at tax time. No exemptions will be granted for personal vehicle use or parking.
For delegates whose workplace's distance from the conference venue entitles them to accommodation across the conference, please note that evening meals will no longer be reimbursed. An informal dinner for those eligible for accommodation entitlements will be organised on the Wednesday night in addition to the official Delegates Conference dinner on Thursday night for all delegates. Please indicate on your registration form if you wish to attend the dinner/s.
Paid leave entitlements for delegates to attend this conference
- Public sector: The Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Health Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement provides for paid union training leave (five days per year, or no more than 10 days over two years).
- Psychiatric services: Paid union training leave is provided in accordance with the Victorian Psychiatric Services Agreement.
- MCH nurses: Paid union training leave is provided in accordance with your enterprise agreement.
- Private sector, Bolton Clark and ARCBS: May apply for paid leave according to your workplace enterprise agreement (where applicable) or according to local arrangements for paid leave with your individual employer.
Please ensure you meet with your colleagues in your workplace and discuss which motions you may like to submit on their behalf, to be debated at the conference.
Motions can be submitted once you have logged in with your member details and registered for the conference.
Please note that the closing date for motions is 5pm Friday 21 April 2023. The final list of motions for the conference must be discussed with your workplace colleagues ahead of this event in order to vote in accordance with their wishes.
Nominations are now open for the 2023 Hannah Sellers Job Rep Award and the 2023 HSR of the Year! Further details are available here.
Nominations close 5pm Friday 26 May 2023.